By Ron Wristen
We had 2 backing accidents yesterday (5/30/12) that could have easily been prevented. They can be costly and usually can be prevented when following certain procedures.
BACKING ACCIDENT PREVENTION
1) Get to know your trucks blind spots. If needed, adjust your mirrors when you are backing.
2) Get out and walk around your truck when backing to the dock or parking space. If you are ever in doubt when backing. Stop the truck, get out as many times as needed when backing to make sure your path is clear and you don’t hit anything or anyone.
3) Determine Space limitations. Is the space wide enough?
4) If possible, please use a reliable guide. Responsibility is the driver but it helps if you have a dependable, reliable guide.
5) BACK SLOWLY AND CAUTIOUSLY!!!! ALWAYS GET OUT AND LOOK BEFORE YOU BACK INTO YOUR SPACE.Tags: Best trucking companies, Cheap freight shipping, Colorado state patrol, Domestic freight shipping, Flatbed trucking companies, Freight services, Freight shipping company, Transportation carriers dry goods, Truck driving careers, Trucking companies hiring